Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
0.5 cup granulated sugar
0.75 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp salt
0.5 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 organic egg (or equivalent non-dairy susbstitute such as applesauce)
1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
1.25 cup all purpose flour
0.5 tsp baking soda
5 oz trader joe’s dark chocolate chunks
1 oz crushed peppermint
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps, using chopsticks.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the chopsticks and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda. Slowly add the mix of flour and baking soda into the original bowl while folding the two mixes with a spatula. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and crushed peppermint, then chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F or 180˚C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking pan, leaving at least 4 inches of space between cookies and 2 inches of space between a cookie and the edge of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until desired texture of cookie!
- Cool and enjoy!
Cranberry Chocolate Rice Bars
5 cup mini marshmallows
5 cup organic puffed rice2.5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp trader joe’s dark chocolate chunks
2 tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
- In a large bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter together in the microwave. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until fully melted and mix until it forms an even texture.
- Fold in the puffed rice with chopsticks, adding 1 cup at a time until the rice has all been added and the rice is evenly distributed.
- Prepare and grease a large rectangular pan. Spread the marshmallow-rice mixture evenly onto the pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chunks and cranberries onto the pan.
- Allow cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Homemade Peppermint Bark
1 cup crushed peppermint
4 cups trader joe’s dark chocolate chunks
3 cups white chocolate chips
0.5 tsp peppermint extract
- In a medium sized bowl, stir the peppermint extract and the melted chocolate chips. Pour the mixture onto a wax paper-lined pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and pour the melted white chocolate over the chocolate, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint onto the chocolate layer.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the bark from the freezer and cut into pieces. Enjoy!
3 granny smith (green) apples, peeled and sliced
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
3 tbsp water
0.5 cup sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a cup cake pan, line each cup cake hole with puff pastry sheet.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour in the water and sugar evenly and cook until light amber in color for about 6 minutes.
- Add in the butter, and stir to make sure the mixture is even. Add in the apples, stirring until they are coated in a thick layer of caramel.
- Cook the apple mixture for about 15-20 minutes, stiring constantly Remove it from the heat when the amount of caramel has reduced.
- Pour the apple mixture into each cup cake hole.
- Bake according to the temperature and time on your puff pastry sheet package, or until the puff pastry turns golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!